Most businesses have YouTube channels now- as we now know that it is the 2nd largest search engine after Google.
As YouTube has introduced clickable videos, it’s never been more beneficial to make your call to action more effective and increase your click through rate.
Here is a step-by-step process of how to make it easier for your customers to click on through:
1. Sign in to your YouTube account, in the top right click on your account name, then select “Video Manager”
2. Click on the “Edit” drop down next to the video you would like to apply your links to. Click on “Annotations”
3. Click on the annotation type you would like from the “Add Annotation” drop down.
4. Enter the text you would like displayed in the video box
5. Enter the times you would like the annotation to appear
6. Position the annotation on the area of the video, where you feel it is best displayed.
NOTE: Remember that ads pop up in the bottom panel of YouTube videos, be aware that they can hide your annotations. Top right or left of the video player is usually best to display them, without getting in the way of your content.
7. Check the “Link” box, this will open options to link the annotation to: Video, Channel, Subscription, Fundraising Project, Associated Website, or Merch.
- Video: link to another YouTube video (insert URL)
- Channel: link to any, or your own, YouTube channel
- Subscription: add a link to make it easier for viewers to subscribe to your channel
- Fundraising Project: link to a crowdfunding cause such as Kickstarter (see a list of approved fund raising sites here)
- Associated Website: the “Associated Website” option is only available if you have linked and successfully verified your site with your YouTube account, and are a YouTube partner (enabled monetized videos). This can be a process in itself, and involves uploading a file to your site code
- Merch: YouTube now have an approved list of ecommerce and online store hosting sites users can now link to, you can check out that list here
Try out one or all of these options; the easier you make it for your viewers to learn more about your product, service or business, the more effective your web video campaign will become!
While you’re at it, subscribe to our ProductionParty channel to keep up to date with what our clients are producing through our platform, and subscribe to our blog to get the latest in web video.